Friday, October 21, 2005

Mrs.

Last Monday, Steve and I made it to our one month anniversary – though Steve insists there is no such thing. I say it’s a "monthaversary", but he seems to think that if we have to make up a word for it, it’s not real. I don’t care. I’m just looking forward to our second monthaversary.

Married life is wonderful! While I don’t think either one of us felt any different at first (I remember muttering, as "Ode to Joy" surged for our recessional, "I don't feel any different. When will I feel different?), I think we are settling in and getting used to the idea that we are married! (Nothing brings it home like seeing the ring on his finger.) We have made a home for ourselves, and it is a true comfort to just be together there – to just be. We don’t even have to be doing anything in particular – just watching a movie or cooking dinner together – no matter what, we feel like we are home. But this isn’t a surprise. Steve told me before the wedding that we’ve had this strong a relationship for quite a while. We certainly felt married – united and committed – long before our wedding. It is a beautiful idea, and one I agree with wholeheartedly.

I am still wrestling with the reality of my new last name . . . I’m slowly getting it changed officially, but I still write and say my old name sometimes out of habit. It’s so hard to get used to the new one! I’ve changed it on a few things at work, ordered my new ssn card (two last names, sans hyphen), and made a surprisingly painless visit to the BMV for my new driver’s license. I imagine my new name written on a page with branches coming from it as the name spreads over my existence. Men are so lucky.

Before the wedding, the house was the victim of a flurry of planning activity. Now, it has quieted but has the remains of the wedding and reception lying about. The gifts are all unwrapped, sitting in our living room waiting to be put away. At least I was able to get rid of all the wrapping paper, much to George’s disappointment.

I know a few of you are wondering where all the pictures are. Stay tuned. I will soon have some posted, as well as more on the adventures and misadventures of Sir George. Every day is an adventure!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:44 PM

    those were mine k! oops. I wanted to tell you your blog is a delight...can't wait for the next post! p

    ReplyDelete