Thursday, April 13, 2006

Princesses Like Cookies

Many people have collections of Disney movies and other animated favorites stashed away in their cabinets for their kids or grandkids to watch. I have all the Disney animated classes ever made – alas, some are still on VHS as I wait patiently for them to appear on DVD – for ME to watch. And every now and then, I’ll get one out and enjoy it all over again.

It is rare that anyone actually wants to watch one with me, though Steve, bless him, has watched a few with me, and he even dug one out to watch on his own once. It was Atlantis, and I’m slowly turning him; he can quote parts of the movie, and often does.

So, I was thrilled when our niece came over back on March 18th to watch a Disney movie with Aunt Kim, an event that I’m sure will be repeated, as much as we both enjoyed it! She chose Sleeping Beauty (it’s all about the princesses right now, after all), and she sat rapt on the couch next to George Cat, loving every minute. I had to skip through some scary parts (ok, so is it strange that I am 32 and not a mom, yet I know where all the scary parts in most of the movies are?).

We also baked cookies and had a birthday party for George! It was great fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment