Subtitle: My Three Excuses for Not Posting More Often
1. We currently don’t have access to the Internet at home. I feel entirely disconnected, even though I only reluctantly signed on at home, before, because we had dial-up and a quick-check-of-the-weather or a movie-time-lookup would take 20 minutes, at least. Posting full size jpg photo files to any online printing website was out of the question, because it would take 4 hours . . . per picture. Once we return to the 21st century, we’ll have high-speed. I imagine we’ll have to have a hole carved into our cave wall for the cables.
2. I just started a new job in a different department within the same company – a promotion, thank goodness. When I applied for the position, I was simply hoping for a job I wouldn’t hate as much as the old one. I’ve only been in the job for four days so far, officially anyway, and I’m still training, but I am SO happy to have left my old job. This is something I might actually . . . dare I say . . . like! And every day, my ex-coworkers still manage to make me more and more glad I left. As Cartman might say . . . “Screw you guys, I’m going to Accounting.” Let them eat my dust.
3. Because of #1, I can only access the Internet on my lunch hour or in quick sneaks (like this one). Because of #2, my brain is so fried from training by lunch time, I need to get away from my desk, and I’m so busy, I rarely have time for sneaks. Plus, I’d hate to get fired.
I do have posts in my head, though, so I’m hoping once the dust settles, they’ll find their way to the blog. In the meantime, patient readers, bear with me!
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment